The Seven Theme Parks
There are 7 themed areas at Legoland, namely : Lego Kingdom, The Beginning, Imagination, Land of Adventure, Lego City, Miniland and Lego Technic. Each themed area is designed to ensure that heroes of all ages will find much to explore and enjoy at the LEGO experiment centers, roller coasters, water attractions and shows. The whole family can thus embark on a day-long voyage of discovery, adventure and fun!
Unmistakably, the colourful entrance to LEGOLAND. The Big Shop offers the largest selection of LEGO® toys in Asia. Start with the colorful entrance :
- The Big Shop – The biggest LEGO shop in Asia (Retail)
- The Brick Shop (Retail)
- Mini Market (Retail)
- The Cafe (Food & Beverage)
This is the centrepiece of every LEGOLAND® Park. It took 3 years and more than 25 million LEGO® bricks to recreate some of Asia’s best known landmarks in detailed miniature. Stroll through famous scenes from 17 Asian countries, including the Petronas Twin Towers, the Merlion Statue and the Taj Mahal. Get a bird’s eye view (of models) of amazing landmarks of Malaysia and Asian countries.
- Malaysia : Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Johor Bahru, Port Tanjung Pelepas
- Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, India, China
This is where creativity knows no bounds. Inventors big and small can bring their imaginings to life.A venue for family of fun – to build and play with LEGO bricks and games.
- Kid Power Towers
- Build & Test, Observation Tower
- Photo Booth & LEGO Studios
- Pizza Mania (Food & Beverage)
- Musical Fountain
- DUPLO Playground and Express
Ride and cross the drawbridge into the royal castle, but get ready for the Dragon to give you a wild ride. Ride and cross the drawbridge into the royal castle and into the hideaways and ride astride the Royal Joust.
- The Forestmen’s Hideout
- The Dragon’s Apprentice
- Knight’s Feast (Food & Beverage)
- King’s Photo & King’s Market (Retail)
- Tattoo and Accessories (Retail)
- Castle Stage and Royal Joust
- Merlin’s Challenge and Castle Games
Land of Adventure
Journey into the forgotten worlds of Pharoahsand dinosaurs. Fascinate in the world of Pharoahsand dinosaurs and with ancient Egyptian-themed landscape.
- Lost Kingdom Adventure and Photo
- Beetle Bounce
- Adventure Games
- Adventurer’s Depot (Retail)
- Dino Island and Pharaoh’s Revenge
- Jungle Cafe (Food & Beverage)
All things action-packed, from the high speed rides for the brave to the exciting LEGO® workshops for the young.Action-packed rides f r the brave to the exciting LEGO® workshops for the young :
- TECHNIC Twister and Photo
- AQUAZONE Wave Riders
- Water Splash and Project X
- Robot Kitchen (Food & Beverage)
- LEGO MINDSTORMS and Academy
Finally, a chance and place for children longing to take the controls on wheels in LEGOLAND cars.
- LEGO Rescue Academy
- LEGO City Airport and Stage
- Snack Bar (Food & Beverage)
- Basketball Games
- Market Restaurant (Food & Beverage)
- Junior Driving School, Driving School Shop (Retail)
- Boating School and Remote Control Boat
- The Shipyard
Later Additions to Legoland Malaysia
The Legends of Chima™ – a new 4D movie which uses high impact special effects such as water, wind and smoke to transport 3D to the next dimension and immerse the audience in a fantastical LEGO® world. It is the
MINIFIGURE MAGIC is a unique and captivating new craze to Asia. Minifigure Swap involves the trading of small LEGO® figurines, usually referred as Minifigs. It is designed to encourage interaction between Model Citizens (LEGOLAND Staff) and Park visitors. It is a fun way to meet new friends and an important part of the interactive experience.
Legoland Water Park
It is the largest LEGOLAND Water Park in the world and the first in Asia. It features 20 rides and attractions and over 70 LEGO® models. Highlights include the Build-A Raft River (where kids customize their own raft made of soft LEGO bricks before floating down a lazy river), wave pool, body slides and tube slides and a water play area designed especially for toddlers.
Legoland Malaysia Buffet Dinner (New)
After a full day of fun, savour a sumptuous all-you-can-eat Buffet Dinner with your family at the Market Restaurant from 6.45pm. The Continental and Asian menu offers more than 100 selections of food. Opened on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday only until 4th August 2013. The Special Late Night Ticket includes admission to the park from 5.00pm onwards, and the buffet dinner for only RM80 (Adults) and RM50 (Children/Seniors). Park will be open until 10.00pm. Rides and attractions will be open until 9.00pm (some rides will close earlier due to safety purposes).
Tips on Visiting Legoland
- Bring along sunblock lotion or spray. It can be very hot and sunny in the day when it is not cloudy
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated on hot and sunny days.
- Bring along raincoat or umbrella if it is cloudy on the day of visit.
- Do not expect to be able to make or recieve calls as the mobile coverage is not 100%
- Exchange to Malaysia local currency for spending at the themepark
- Passenger dropoff and pickup on weekdays is at the entrance of the mall next to Legoland.
Ultimate Legoland Shopping Experience
Here is where you find the largest LEGO shop in Asia with the largest selection of toy sets, LEGOLAND souvenirs at the BIG Shop. Choose from hundreds of LEGO elements, accessories and more to customize your own creations at Pick a Brick.
Fun and Learning Workshops
Explore your creativity at Build and Test, LEGO Mindstorm and LEGO Academy. Young learners get a hands-on experience to the world of LEGO architecture and adventure. The 4D Theatre comes complete with special effects and giant screen. Enjoy the thrill of action packed movies with eye-popping 3D secial effects and lots of spine-tingling physical effects. Catch more than 1 movies a day. Look out for Costume Character Walkabouts and capture your LEGOLAND moments with Ollie The Dragon, LEGO Buddy and Bricky.
Lights, Camera & Shows in Action
For a family of fun, join in the interactive shows of amazing stunts performed live, right before your eyes Interactive at Lego City
Hotels near Legoland Malaysia
Thistle Hotel : Located near Danga Bay area, it is one of the finer hotels in Johor Bahru, about 25 mins drive from Legoland Thempark
Legoland Hotel : Located at Nusajaya, Johor, it will be the 4th LEGOLAND Hotel in the world and the first in Asia to be completed by 2014.
Tune Hotel : Located at Danga Bay, Johor, it is about 20 minutes drive from Legoland.
Pulai Spring Resort : A golf country club and resort, it offer accommodationin hotel style.
Puteri Pacific Hotel : Located in JB city, it is about 35 mins drive from Legoland Malaysia
Zon Regency Hotel : Lcoated in JB city and near the border to Singapore, it is 40 mins drive from Legoland
Mutiara Hotel : Located to the old Holiday Plaza in JB city, it is about 35 mins drive from Legoland Malaysia
Malls to visit in Johor Bahru
Johor Premium Outlet at Kulaijaya, about 35 mins drive from Legoland
Hello Kitty Town, about 20 mins drive from Legoland
Bukit Indah Mall, AEON, 20 mins from Legoland
KSL Resort & City, 40 mins from Legoland
City Square, Tebrau City, Danga Mall – all about 40 mins from Legoland.